A COVID-19 Update from Merrick House
At Merrick House, the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, youth, clients and community is our number one priority. We will continue to provide updates as our policies and protocols evolve.
- Merrick House has been approved as a Pandemic Child Care Facility and is here to provide childcare for first responders’ children age 6 weeks through 5 years of age (not kindergarten eligible.)If first responders are interested in enrolling their children please have them contact our Early Childhood Director Laurie Santos at 216-771-5077 extension 132 or email her at [email protected]. Spaces are limited.
- MomsFirst has suspended home visits for community health workers until further notice. Workers are able to drop off items to pregnant moms but have been instructed not to enter any homes. Clients may be engaged over the phone, using FaceTime or other video communication.
- Paint and Sip at Merrick House on Thursday, March 26 has been cancelled.
- Early Childhood Education: We will remain open and will continue to seek guidance from the CDC and the Ohio Department of Health.
- After-school: We are suspending our after school programming for the next three weeks. Click here to see a listing of Open Meal Sites
- Adult Education: As of now, classes will continue. We will update the community if this changes.
- Our Gym: All activities in the gym (Zumba, Martial Arts, Near West Recreation basketball games and City Connects men’s basketball) have been cancelled until further notice.
- Our Building: The building will be cleaned throughout the day Monday through Friday by our janitor. Over the next few weeks, we will have a cleaning service thoroughly clean and sanitize the building in the evenings. Teachers are sanitizing items in their classroom each day and toys will be sanitized each evening.
Stay up-to-date on our COVID-19 updates here: https://www.merrickhouse.org/about/covid-19-updates/